So I signed Cassius up for swimming lessons recently and was so worried that Cassius wouldn't stay focused enough to do it. He has had a blast doing it and is getting great social interaction! His instructor there has done her best to keep him apart of the group and to understand everything. I went back and forth on whether or not I should tell she and her aides that he has "Autism" because I felt that I didn't need to put a label on him everywhere he goes, but I felt so bad when they would ask him questions and he would reply, "Bob Bob" for Spongebob. So I told them...
They have been awesome with him and even do sign language with him! So, if any of you want to know where to take your child with Autism for swimming lessons, contact me. Here's some pics of his first lesson and leaving the house to go!

No comments:
Post a Comment